What is the programme and who is it for?
Our Mentor Development Programme provides participants with the knowledge and skills to begin mentoring and to join the NHS NWLA mentoring community.
Delivered virtually, this programme will provide you with the knowledge and skills to be an effective mentor and utilise the NHS NWLA Mentoring Hub. These virtual sessions are a mixture of group work, discussions, practical activities as well as space for individual reflections and breaks to maintain energy. There is some pre-programme reading and activities to prepare you.
The Mentor Development Programme covers the following:
- Introduce the NHS North West Leadership Academy (NHS NWLA) and Mentoring Scheme
- Explore what mentoring is and the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Consider the role of context and inclusion
- Explore and apply the skills involved in mentoring
- Provide space for you to think about and understand your existing styles
- Inspire to take a developmental approach to conversations
- Share learning, experience, tools and top tips
The sessions will be interactive, with a mixture of group work, small discussion groups, practical activities, as well as space for individual reflection and breaks for maintaining energy. There will be some pre-programme reading and activities in readiness for coming to the sessions and these will be shared prior to the start of the first date. All relevant access links and information for the session will be shared in the preceding week leading up to the first date.
Monday 9th October: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Tuesday 10th October: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Wednesday 11th October: 9:30am – 12:30pm
How do I book?
To book your place on a Mentor Development Programme date please register via the NHS NWLA Mentoring Hub.
- Go to the online NHS NWLA Mentoring Hub – click here
- Click to ‘Register as a Mentor’
- Complete your mentor profile (you may wish to pay particular attention to the ‘Mentoring Agreement’ so you understand what is expected of both the mentor and mentee role).
- Select your programme dates from the dropdown days available and you won’t be able to log in again until after your session. If suitable dates are not currently available select express interest and we will update you with new dates.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and your event booking. If you need to change your Mentor Development Programme – email the team.
- There is some pre-course work which will be sent to you by email approximately two weeks prior to the development session.
- You won’t be able to log-in to the system until you attend the training programme and afterwards you’ll receive log in details for the online NHS NWLA Mentoring Hub and be required to full update your profile.
Should you have any queries please email [email protected]